- 50ml chicken stock
- 1 lemon
- 1 small whole chicken (1kg weight)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Pour the stock into the microwave steam case. Cut the lemon in half, squeeze the juice from one half and add it to the stock. Tuck the other half inside the chicken.
- Place the chicken, breast side down, in the steam case and cook in the microwave on medium high (600W) for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the oil and paprika.
- Remove the chicken from the microwave and carefully turn it over so the breast side is uppermost in the steam case. Brush the oil and paprika mixture over the chicken, sprinkle on the herbs, season with salt and pepper and place the rosemary across the breast.
- Cook in the microwave on medium high (600W) for a further 12 minutes or until the juices run clear when a skewer is pushed into the side of the chicken leg. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before carving.
Tips: To help the chicken cook more evenly, remove it from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking. Garnish with additional slices of lemon for a stronger flavour.
Microwave settings may vary, so timings may need to be adjusted according to your microwave’s wattage. Ensure food is thoroughly cooked before eating.
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Chicken & Cucumber Risotto
Coronation Chicken with Mango & Lime