- 4 egg yolks
- 100g sugar
- 200g apple puree
- 100ml double cream
- 50ml milk
- Add the sugar and 1 tbsp water to a pan.
- Heat the sugar to the soft ball stage, i.e. until it is bubbling thickly but there is no change in colour.
- Whisk the egg yolks until fluffy and pale in colour.
- Pour the hot sugar slowly over eggs, whisking all the time.
- Keep whisking for about 10 minutes until the bowl feels cold.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream and milk until thick.
- Mix the apple puree into the cream and milk.
- Fold the egg and sugar mixture gently into the cream, milk and apple puree.
- Pour the mixture into your desired mould.
- Tap the mould gently on the worktop to remove any air pockets then freeze until required.