For the Cake
- 200g butter, plus a little extra for greasing (or Cake Release)
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75ml calvados
- 3 eggs
- 75g pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 large (150g) parsnip, peeled & finely diced
- 1 large (150g) eating apple, peeled & finely diced
- 3 eating apples
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp Salted Caramel Sauce
- icing sugar
- pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Grease the mini loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, calvados and eggs with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Stir in the pecans, diced parsnip and apple.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the loaf tin moulds. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until well-risen and golden. Leave to cool in the tin before turning out.
- To decorate, quarter and core the apples, and cut into thin slices the same width as the mini loaf cakes. Place in a bowl and add the lemon juice.
- When the cakes are completely cool, arrange the apple slices on top, slightly overlapping. Drizzle with the caramel sauce and dust with icing sugar before serving.