- 75g unsalted butter
- 6 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 dstspn light brown raw cane sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Splash of calvados
- 75g dried cranberries
- 1 tsp root ginger, finely chopped
- 4 star anise
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
- Place the butter in a non-stick frying pan and heat until golden, add the apples and cook until golden brown.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and calvados, stir, then take off the heat and allow to cool.
- Stir in the cranberries and ginger, then divide the mixture onto the 4 sheets of foil or parchment, place a star anise on each.
- To make the parcels, fold over and crimp the edges together, like a pasty. Place on an oven tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with creme fraiche, Greek yoghurt or vanilla ice cream.
Slow-Cooked Chocolate Orange Sponge Pudding
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
Slow-Cooked Boozy Mincemeat Sponge Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
The Perfect Cheesecake Recipe
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds