- enough pastry to line a 23cm (9″) loose base tart tin
- 1 kg (2lb) fresh apricots
- 3 eggs
- 200g (7oz) chopped almonds
- 75g (3oz) ground almonds
- 100g (4oz) butter
- ½ lemon
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- Grease and flour the tart tin and line with the pastry. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small pan melt the butter and leave to cool. Separate the eggs. Halve the apricots and remove the stones. Grate rind from the lemon and squeeze out the juice. In a bowl whisk together the butter, sugar, egg yolks and the zest and the juice of the lemon. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold in to the mixture.
- Sprinkle the ground almonds on the base of the pastry and arrange the apricots round and round, cut side down. Sprinkle with the chopped almonds and cover with the mixture spreading it carefully to cover all the apricots. Place in the Remoska, close the lid and bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is golden.
Tip: If the apricots are very juicy, sprinkle the base with a tablespoon of semolina as well as the ground almonds.