- A little butter, to grease
- 1 large brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 225g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 225g dried white breadcrumbs
- 75g butter
- 225g frozen chestnuts, thawed & coarsely chopped
- Bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Grease a roasting tray with butter.
- Place the onion and apricot in a saucepan, pour in a little hot water and boil for 5 minutes. Drain, tip into a large mixing bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs.
- Melt the 75g of butter in a frying pan and pour half into the mixing bowl with the breadcrumbs. Add the chestnuts to the frying pan and cook over a high heat for a couple of minutes until lightly browned. Tip the chestnuts into the breadcrumb mixture, add the parsley, season and mix well.
- Using your hands, shape into approx. 18 balls. Place in the roasting dish and bake for 30 minutes, uncovered, until crisp and piping hot.
Tip: If you can’t get frozen chestnuts use dried ones ─ you’ll need 120g soak them overnight to plump up before chopping and frying.
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Best Ever Roast Potatoes
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Anjula Devi’s Quick Spinach and Potatoes