- 4 large or 8 medium beetroot
- 2 fennel bulbs, finely sliced, fronds reserved
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 200g fresh ricotta
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/ gas 6. Wrap the beetroot in foil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, put the sliced fennel in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and the zest of 1 of the oranges (reserve the orange). Set aside to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Peel the other orange with a serrated knife, discarding the zest, then segment and set aside. Squeeze the juice from the reserved zested orange into a small bowl and season well. Whisk in the remaining olive oil and the walnut oil. .
- When the beetroot are cooked, remove from the foil, allow to cool slightly and peel off the skin (you may want to wear rubber gloves to prevent your hands from staining).
- Thickly slice and place on a warmed plate with the fennel and the orange segments. Spoon over the ricotta and drizzle with the dressing. Scatter over the reserved fennel fronds and serve warm.
Nutritional info: PER SERVING 244kcals, 16.8g fat (4.9g saturated), 7.9g protein, 16.3g carbs, 14.9g sugar, 0.3g salt
Chef’s tip: Feta would be a great alternative to ricotta if you prefer a fuller flavoured cheese.
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Sweet Potato, Pepper, Spinach & Mozzarella Tart
Best Ever Roast Potatoes
Spelt Pizza with Sweet Potatoes & Goat’s Cheese