For the base
- 175g digestive biscuits
- 75g unsalted butter, melted, plus a little extra for greasing
For the filling
- 250g mascarpone, at room temperature
- 600g full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs and 3 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/Gas 3. Lightly grease the tin with a little butter.
- Crush the biscuits to fine crumbs in a plastic bag with a rolling pin or in a food processor. If using the bag method, pour the crumbs into a bowl, add the melted butter and mix thoroughly. If using a food processor, add the butter to the bowl and whizz until well mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and press with the back of a spoon until smooth. Chill in the fridge whilst making the filling.
- Using a food processor or electric hand mixer, combine the mascarpone, cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the eggs and yolks until all are well mixed and finally add the lemon zest, juice and vanilla.
- Place the tin with the biscuit base on a baking tray then pour in the filling and smooth the surface. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the cheesecake is set but the centre is still wobbly.
- Turn off the oven, leaving the cheesecake inside for a further hour to cool down, this will help prevent cracking. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Chill for at least 4 hours or ideally overnight.
- Let the cheesecake come to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Then carefully remove it from the tin by pushing up the base and sliding the cheesecake onto a serving plate.
Tip: Take the mascarpone, cream cheese and eggs out of the fridge at least an hour beforehand to ensure a lump-free mixture.
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Slow-Cooked Chocolate Orange Sponge Pudding
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
Slow-Cooked Boozy Mincemeat Sponge Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds