- 4 baking potatoes, around 200g each
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 250ml good-quality barbecue sauce
- 60ml The Groovy Food Company Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 x 400g cans mixed beans in water, drained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 25g butter (or vegan alternative)
- Wash the potatoes and pat dry. Cook for 40-45 minutes in an oven, until the skin is crispy and the middle it light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, begin preparing the BBQ beans by heating the oil in the casserole on a gas hob over a medium heat. Gently fry the onions for 5 minutes until soft, then add the garlic and red pepper and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the paprika and cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients, except the butter, and simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until the beans are heated through. Season well.
- To serve, cut a cross in each potato, add a knob of butter and top with barbecue beans.
Tip: Serve with a crisp green salad and freshly-made coleslaw.
Mini Cheese & Tomato Quiches
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Sweet Potato, Pepper, Spinach & Mozzarella Tart
Best Ever Roast Potatoes