For the cupcakes
- 115g butter, softened
- 115g caster sugar
- 115g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 10 drops Lakeland Natural Banana Flavour
- 1 ripe banana, approx. 100g, peeled and mashed
For the frosting
- 350g Lakeland Classic White Frosting
- 15 drops Lakeland Natural Coconut Flavour
- 100g Candy Melts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4 and line a 12 hole cupcake tin with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs and banana flavour. Mix until well combined and stir in the banana.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the paper cases and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside and cool for 10 minutes then remove from the tin and transfer to a wire rack.
- Place the frosting into a small mixing bowl and add the coconut flavour then mix until combined. Spread evenly over the top of each cupcake and smooth off the top.
- Melt the Candy Melts according to pack instructions and place in a piping bag with a fine writing nozzle. Pipe 12 messages of your choice on to Magic Non-Stick Liner or Baking Parchment. Allow to set completely then gently peel from the backing and place one on top of each cupcake.