- Salt & pepper
- 12 prepared sardines
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Leaves from 4 sprigs of thyme
- Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 50g wild rocket, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Lemon wedges
- A few rocket leaves, to garnish
- Season the sardines and brush with the olive oil. Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While the sardines are cooking, place all the salsa ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the sardines onto plates, spoon over some of the salsa. Garnish with the rocket and lemon wedges.
Tip: The sardines can also be cooked under a grill.