- 110g plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 200ml milk
- 75ml water
- 50g butter
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre, break the eggs into it and whisk everything together.
- Combine the milk and water in a jug then gradually add to the batter while whisking continuously. Once all the liquid has been added, continue to whisk until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Melt the butter and whisk 2 tbsp into the batter. Use the rest of the butter to grease the pan as you cook.
- Brush a 20cm frying pan with melted butter and heat until it is really hot, reduce the heat to medium and ladle about 3 tbsp of batter into the pan then immediately swirl around so the base is evenly covered.
- Cook for about 30 seconds or until the underside begins to turn golden, flip the pancake and briefly cook the other side.
- To keep pancakes warm whilst you cook the remaining batter, stack them between leaves of greaseproof paper on a plate set over simmering water.