- 50g basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250g 00’ flour, plus extra to dust
- ¾ tsp salt
- 20ml basil oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- First, make a basil pure by bringing a medium saucepan of salted water to a gentle boil then tip in the basil and cook for a few seconds until soft and tender. Strain and refresh in a bowl of iced water. Drain the basil and transfer it to a blender, blend to a smooth pure then pass through a fine sieve. Add a little water so it takes on the consistency of pesto, then season with salt and pepper.
- Sift the flour into a food processor with the ¾ tsp salt and add the basil pure, basil oil, egg and egg yolks. Blitz until a firm consistency is achieved. Remove from the processor, transfer to a floured surface and knead until the dough comes together and is very smooth and elastic. Divide the dough into four equal portions, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Using a pasta machine, gradually roll each piece until you have thin sheets of pasta, dusting the pasta with flour if needed between each pass through the machine.
- Attach the tagliatelle cutter to your pasta machine, roll the pasta through it and then allow the pasta ribbons to dry on a rack for about 20 minutes before cooking.
- To cook, place the tagliatelle ribbons in boiling water for approx. 4 minutes.
Spelt Pizza with Sweet Potatoes & Goat’s Cheese
Deliciously Ella’s Sweet Potato Noodles with Satay sauce
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Gluten-Free Fresh Tagliatelle with Kale Pesto & Roasted Tomatoes
Margherita Pizza with Quinoa Crust
Rocket, Pear & Stilton Pizza