For the goulash
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 750g stewing steak, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 large onions, sliced.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150ml Essential Cuisine beef stock.
- 2 tbsp tomato pure
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
- 250g carrots, cut into chunks.
For the dumplings
- 100g self-raising flour
- 50g suet
- ½ tsp salt
- Small bunch chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp cold water
- Heat the oil in the Remoska. Put the flour, salt and pepper in a large self-seal bag, add the stewing steak, seal and shake until coated. Put the meat in the Remoska, stir and place the lid on. Check and stir occasionally until all the meat is browned. Add the remaining goulash ingredients and mix well. Replace the lid and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dumplings. Mix the flour, suet, salt and parsley in a bowl then gradually mix in the water until you have a soft dough. Using floured hands, divide the mixture into 8 balls.
- Add the dumplings to the goulash, replace the lid and cook for a further 45 minutes or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
Herby Toad-in-the-Hole with Red Onion Gravy
Wendy’s Christmas Eve Barbecued Leg of Lamb
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney
Joe Wicks’ Bad Boy Chilli Con Carne
Yorkshire Pudding Burger
Slow-Cooked Port & Venison Casserole with Oatmeal & Parsley Dumplings