- 1 raw beetroot, around 150g, peeled and diced
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 small red apple, cored and diced
- 50g blueberries
- 150ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp superfood powder (if desired)
- Few blueberries (optional)
- Place all the smoothie ingredients into the blender and whizz for 15-20 seconds until smooth. Pour into a glass to serve and top with a few blueberries, if desired.
Tips: Wearing rubber gloves when preparing the beetroot will prevent the colour from staining your hands. If you prefer a thinner smoothie, add up to an extra 100ml almond milk.