For the Salad
- 3 medium beetroot, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 400g tinned brown lentils, rinsed & drained
- 100g wild rocket leaves
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing
- 125ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Combine the beetroot and 1 tbsp olive oil in a small baking dish and bake for about 1 hour or until tender. When cool, peel the beetroot and slice.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well.
- Toss the fennel, lentils and rocket in a large bowl with half the dressing. Add the beetroot and toss gently. Top with the feta and drizzle with the remaining dressing.