- 1½ tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 medium beetroot, peeled and trimmed
- 25g baby rocket leaves
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 medium orange
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan and stir the sesame seeds over a medium heat for about a minute until they start to pop and turn golden. Set aside to cool.
- Insert the spiralizer blade with the largest triangles and spiralize the beetroot. Place the beetroot in a large bowl and trim to the desired length with scissors.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and season. Add the rocket and three quarters of the sesame seeds to the beetroot, then pour the dressing over and toss gently.
- Serve in a large dish sprinkled with the remaining toasted sesame seeds.
Tip: Wear rubber gloves when preparing beetroot to prevent the colour from staining your hands.