- 170g (6oz) caster sugar
- 170g (6oz) unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 170g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 350g (12oz) blueberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 750g (26oz) mascarpone
- 3 heaped tbsp lemon curd
- Caster sugar to taste
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C (gas mark 3). Butter and line the base and sides of your Victoria Surprise Cake Tins with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together before adding gradually to the butter mixture. Once all the eggs have been added, sift the flour and gently fold into the mixture until all ingredients are combined.
- Divide the mixture into the two prepared cake tins and bake in the oven for around 25-30 minutes.
- To create a juicy dribble, put 250g of blueberries into a pan. Add sugar to taste and poach on a low heat until the berries start to soften. Mix in the lemon juice and put to one side until ready to use.
- Once the cake has properly cooled, turn it out of the tins. Fold the lemon curd into 500g of mascarpone and fill both sponge wells, then over-fill one of the wells with the remaining blueberries. Now gently but firmly join the two sponges together.
- Top with the remaining mascarpone and add the poached blueberries just before serving so the juice dribbles over the edge.