- 4 floury potatoes, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 250g white or green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 4 rashers rindless bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, coarsely chopped
- In separate pans, boil the potato and cabbage until just tender, drain. Mash the potato until smooth.
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan, stirring, until crisp drain on kitchen roll.
- Cook the onion in the frying pan, stirring, until softened. Add the potato, cabbage and bacon and stir to combine.
- Flatten the mixture to form a large cake shape cook until the bottom is just browned. Carefully invert onto a plate then slide back into the frying pan. Cook until browned on the other side.