For the spaghetti
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
- 60g pine nuts
- 80g fresh basil, plus extra to garnish
- 50g Parmesan cheese (or vegetarian alternative), cut into small cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 150ml olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Slice off the bulbous part off the squash and set aside for soup, risotto or roasting. Peel the remaining squash and cut into 2-3 rounds, approx. 7cm long.
- Insert the spiralizer blade with the largest triangles and spiralize the squash. Separate the strands and trim to the desired length with scissors.
- Heat a frypan on high and add the pine nuts to the hot pan. Reduce the heat to medium, then toss the pine nuts for 2-3 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool and reserve 1 tbsp for garnish.
- Whizz three quarters of the pine nuts with the remaining pesto ingredients in a food processor for a few seconds, retaining some texture. Stir through the remaining pine nuts and season to taste.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large non-stick wok and stir-fry the noodles over a moderate heat for 2 minutes. Carefully move the noodles around the wok with tongs to prevent them from breaking ─ they should be cooked but still firm. Add the pesto and cook for another minute until warmed through.
- Serve in warmed bowls topped with the reserved pine nuts and fresh basil leaves.
Tip: Choose a cylinder-shaped butternut squash with a small bulbous base as this part of the squash cannot be used with the Vegetable Spiralizer.
Mini Cheese & Tomato Quiches
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Sweet Potato, Pepper, Spinach & Mozzarella Tart
Best Ever Roast Potatoes