- 1 large white cabbage
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 300g (10oz) bacon, rinded and chopped (can be smoked bacon)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp caraway seed
- 2 eggs
- 300ml (½pt) milk
- 75g (3oz) breadcrumbs
- 200g (7oz) Gruyère cheese
- 1tbsp melted butter
- Remove 10 large leaves from the cabbage and cook in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes then drain. In a large pan heat 1tbsp of olive oil and fry the bacon till fat begins to run. Add the onion, garlic and caraway seed and fry until lightly brown. Remove from pan.
- Chop half the inner leaves from the cabbage, heat the remaining oil and fry the leaves for 5 minutes, stirring well. Beat the eggs with the milk, breadcrumbs and cheese, and season. Stir the cabbage, bacon and onion into the egg mixture.
- Grease the Remoska pan and layer most of the large cabbage leaves over the base. Fill with the cabbage mixture and top with the rest of the leaves. Brush with a little melted butter, cover with lid and bake for approximately 35 minutes.
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney
Joe Wicks’ Bad Boy Chilli Con Carne
Yorkshire Pudding Burger
Slow-Cooked Port & Venison Casserole with Oatmeal & Parsley Dumplings
Spicy Meatball Popovers with Lemon & Chive Yoghurt
Yorkshire Pudding Wrap