For Caesar Dressing
- 2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 salted anchovies
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 50ml warm water
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 200ml olive oil
- 200ml sunflower oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- few drops of Tabasco
- 1 litre sunflower oil
- 4 large eggs
- 250ml distilled vinegar
- iced water
- 1 small baguette cut into thin slices
- 4 cooked thin-link Cumberland sausages
- extra parmesan for shaving
- ½ small celeriac cut into thin strips
- mixed salad leaves
- Put all the Caesar dressing ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- The dressing will keep well for up to 10 days in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge at least 1 hour before using to bring to kitchen temperature and whisk.
- To poach the eggs, fill a large sauce pan ¾ full with water and add a good 250ml of distilled vinegar. Bring to a boil ─ DO NOT ADD SALT.
- Break the eggs into individual tea cups. Gently tip the eggs into the boiling water, put a lid on and bring back to a simmer. The eggs will have risen to the surface. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove carefully with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of iced water. Allow the eggs to settle for at least 5 minutes. Remove carefully and trim with a small sharp knife to remove any “frilly edges”.
- Keep refrigerated in a sealed container on a clean tea towel. The eggs will keep for 2-3 days.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a deep-sided frying pan.
- Drop in the baguette in small batches and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Put the salad leaves into a large bowl with 3 tablespoons of the dressing.
- Slice the sausages and toss in with the leaves and croutons.
- Arrange the eggs on top with some shaved Parmesan.
Vegan Edamame, Lime, and Sesame Jar Salad
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Warm Quinoa, Couscous & Feta Salad
Pink Grapefruit, Fennel & Rocket Salad
Warm Spiced Orange & Plum Fruit Salad
Ham Hock Caesar Salad
Warm Lentil & Seared Rosemary Lamb Salad
Warm Goat’s Cheese & Courgette Salad