For Caesar Dressing
- 2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 salted anchovies
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 50ml warm water
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 200ml olive oil
- 200ml sunflower oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- few drops of Tabasco
- 1 litre sunflower oil
- 4 medium eggs
- iced water
- 1 small baguette cut into thin slices
- 200g smoked chicken breast sliced thinly
- 2 Granny Smith chopped into small dice
- ½ small celeriac cut into thin strips
- mixed salad leaves
- Put all the Caesar dressing ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- The dressing will keep well for up to 10 days in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge at least 1 hour before using to bring to kitchen temperature and whisk.
- Cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 6½ minutes then place immediately into a pan of iced water.
- Peel carefully when cool.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a deep-sided frying pan.
- Drop in the baguette in small batches and fry until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Put the salad leaves into a large bowl with 3 tablespoons of the dressing.
- Toss the leaves with croutons, apple and celeriac.
- Place the chicken on the top and arrange the eggs around the salad.