- 1 jar Calanda peaches in syrup, drained, reserve 2 tbsp syrup
- 2 tbsp sweet sherry (optional)
- 1 egg white
- 50g golden caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Halve each peach and carefully remove the stone. Arrange the peaches in the base of a shallow ovenproof dish and spoon over the reserved syrup and sherry, if desired.
- For the meringue, use an electric hand mixer to whisk the egg white until stiff. As you whisk, gradually add the sugar and continue to whisk until the meringue forms stiff peaks.
- Pipe or spoon the meringue on top of each peach half and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 140°C/Gas 1 for a further 20 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown and feels slightly firm but still soft in the centre.
Tip: Delicious served warm or cold with whipped cream or ice cream.
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Slow-Cooked Chocolate Orange Sponge Pudding
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
Slow-Cooked Boozy Mincemeat Sponge Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds