- 500g strong white flour
- 25g fresh yeast or 1 sachet dried yeast
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tsp salt
- Splash of olive oil
- 350ml warm water for the dough
For the fillings
- Sunblush tomatoes
- To make the dough, simply place the flour, yeast, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Add the water a little at a time until you get a nice smooth dough. Cover with a tea towel and leave to prove for 30 minutes (or until it has doubled in size) and then knead it for a few minutes until it is smooth and easy to work with.
- Tear a piece of dough off, about the size of a golf ball.
- Dust the work surface with a little flour and roll out or use your hand to flatten it to about ½cm thick.
- Fill half the bread dough with your favourite deli items (my suggestions are above).
- Fold over the dough and seal the edges tightly together so the dough seals up.
- Place the calzone onto a baking tray and cook at 180°C for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Spelt Pizza with Sweet Potatoes & Goat’s Cheese
Deliciously Ella’s Sweet Potato Noodles with Satay sauce
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Gluten-Free Fresh Tagliatelle with Kale Pesto & Roasted Tomatoes
Margherita Pizza with Quinoa Crust
Rocket, Pear & Stilton Pizza