- 250g plain flour
- 1tsp cocoa powder
- 1tsp freshly ground coffee
- 30g softened butter
- 25g sugar
- 100ml white wine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 600g ricotta cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- 25g chocolate chips
- 50g candied fruits, finely chopped
- olive oil for frying
- icing sugar to decorate
- To make the pastry, place the flour, cocoa powder, coffee, butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix well together. Add the wine a little at a time and mix well until the mixture forms a smooth, firm dough. Shape the pastry into a ball and wrap in clingfilm. Leave to rest for an hour.
- For the filling, place the ricotta and icing sugar in a large bowl and whisk until creamy. Fold in the chocloate chips and candied fruits. Set aside.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface and roll out the pastry to a thickness of about 3mm. Cut circles of about 7.5cm diameter and wrap around the tubular moulds, securing the edges with the beaten egg.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan or a fryer to 180°C. Deep fry the cannoli until golden brown, then drain on kitchen paper and gently remove the moulds, taking care as they will be very hot.
- Leave to cool before filling with the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Slow-Cooked Chocolate Orange Sponge Pudding
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
Slow-Cooked Boozy Mincemeat Sponge Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds