- 150g ground almonds
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 20g chopped walnuts
- 25g raisins
- 1.5 tbsp granulated stevia/xylitol
- 100g finely grated carrot
- 1 orange, zested and juice of half
- 100g melted butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Spray oil
cream cheese frosting
- 100g full fat soft cheese
- 1.5 tbsp granulated sweetener such as stevia or xylitol
- Squeeze of orange juice and pinch of zest
- Chopped walnuts for decoration (optional)
- In a large bowl add the ground almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, mixed spice, and chopped walnuts, raisins and granulated sweetener and mix together thoroughly to distribute the ingredients..
- Add the grated carrot, orange zest, juice, melted butter, vanilla and eggs and mix to combine.
- Heat the unit and lightly grease the plates with spray oil. Add half the mixture to the plate and cook for 10-11 minutes. Insert a cocktail sick to ensure the cake is cooked, this should come out clean, then using a plastic spatula remove the cake and place on a cooling rack..
- Repeat with the remaining mixture. When the cakes have cooled use the cutter to stamp out individual cakes or a knife to slice to your desired size.
- To make the topping, beat the cream cheese with the granulated sweetener and a little squeezed orange juice and add a pinch of grated orange zest to the mixture..
- Spread a small amount on top of each cake and top with a sprinkle of chopped walnuts if using.
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Decadent Chocolate Tiffin
Pistachio, Orange & Cardamom Mini Loaves
Step-by-Step Mother’s Day Floral Shard Cake
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes