For the cake
- 40g butter, softened
- 40g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g self-raising flour
- 20g carrot, peeled and finely grated
- Pinch ground cinnamon
For the icing
- 50g butter, softened
- 175g icing sugar, sifted
- Gel food colouring of your choice
- Sweets such as chocolate beans, jelly sweets edible coloured balls etc
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- To make the cakes, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the egg a little at a time, beating well between each addition. Fold the flour into the mixture with the carrots and cinnamon until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the base of the dinosaur mould, spreading it into all the corners and filling right to the top. Wipe away any excess mixture from the edges then secure the lid into place.
- Bake for about 15 ─ 20 minutes. Transfer the mould to a cooling rack and leave to cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing the lid. Leave the cakes to cool completely before removing from the mould.
- Make the icing by beating the icing sugar into the butter until smooth. Add a little colouring using the end of a skewer and mix well. If you want several colours simply divide the icing into a few bowls and add a different colour to each.
- Fill a piping bag with the icing, pipe details onto each dinosaur and decorate with sweets.
Tip – If you want to make 6 of the same cakes, simply double the ingredients