- 30g butter
- 30g plain flour
- 400ml whole milk
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 100g mature Cheddar, grated
- 1 leek, cut into chunks
- Medium head of cauliflower, broken into equal-size florets
- Few thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/ gas 6. Melt the butter in a wide-bottomed saucepan. When it foams, add the flour and stir for a minute. Gradually add the milk, stirring, until you have a smooth sauce. Bubble for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and stir through the cream and cheese. Season.
- Meanwhile cook the leek and cauliflower in a pan of boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
- Spoon the leek and cauliflower into a serving dish, pour over the cheese sauce, mix and scatter with thyme. Bake for 30 minutes until bubbling and golden.
Nutritional info: PER SERVING Per serving: 352kcals, 25.9g fat (15.8g saturated), 15.4g protein, 14g carbs (8.1g sugars), 0.7g salt, 4g fibre
Wine Recommendation: Choose a Châteauneuf-du-Pape, or for excellent value, C´tes du Rh´ne-Villages
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Sweet Potato, Pepper, Spinach & Mozzarella Tart
Best Ever Roast Potatoes
Spelt Pizza with Sweet Potatoes & Goat’s Cheese