For the doughnuts
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 150g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 175ml milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
For the topping
- 30 baby asparagus tips
- ½ lemon, grated zest only
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 50g prawns, thawed if frozen
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the salt and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, olive oil and dill, then add to the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the doughnuts are firm but springy to the touch. Cool for a few minutes in the tin, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, steam or griddle the asparagus tips until tender. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, stir the lemon zest into the mayonnaise and spoon a little into the centre of each doughnut. Top each with a prawn and an asparagus tip, then chill in the fridge until serving.
Tip: for ease, pipe the mixture into a doughnut tin using a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle. These savoury doughnuts are best eaten on the day they are made. They can also be prepared in advance and frozen, adding the topping before serving.
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Best Ever Roast Potatoes
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Anjula Devi’s Quick Spinach and Potatoes