For the cake
- 170g butter, softened
- 170g light soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g cherry conserve
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 7 fresh cherries, stones removed
- Grease the mould with a little Cake Release. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 4.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy then beat in the eggs one at a time. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture and carefully fold in using a metal spoon before stirring in the conserve.
- Spoon the mixture into the mould and place in the oven for 45 minutes until golden on top and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to stand in the mould on a cooling rack for around 15 minutes then remove from mould and allow to cool completely.
- Place the cake on a large serving plate, dust with icing sugar and then dust the top with the cinnamon and place a cherry into every other indent on the lower tier.
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Decadent Chocolate Tiffin
Pistachio, Orange & Cardamom Mini Loaves
Step-by-Step Mother’s Day Floral Shard Cake
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes