- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg boneless chicken thighs, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium red onion, chopped finely
- 1 stick celery, chopped coarsely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 500ml chicken stock
- 150g dried figs, sliced thickly
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped coarsely
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 3 tsp fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 35g roasted, unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Heat oil in large saucepan and cook the chicken in batches until browned, then remove from the pan.
- Add the onion, celery, garlic and spices to the pan then cook, stirring, until the onion softens.
- Return chicken to pan stir to coat in the spice mixture. Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Transfer to a tagine on a heat diffuser. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 30 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the figs, pepper and lemon rind to the tagine simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in the fresh coriander and sprinkle with nuts before serving.
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Chicken & Cucumber Risotto
Coronation Chicken with Mango & Lime