- 130g dried brown lentils
- 130g dried red lentils
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 fresh long red chilli, finely chopped
- 750ml chicken stock
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, chopped coarsely
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500g pumpkin, coarsely chopped
- 270ml coconut milk
- 155g baby spinach leaves
- 6 tbsp fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- Rinse lentils under cold water until water runs clear drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan cook onion, garlic and ginger, stirring, until onion softens. Add spices and chilli and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Pour stock mixture into 4.5 litre slow cooker stir in chicken, tomatoes, pumpkin and lentils. Cook, covered on low for 7 hours.
- Stir in coconut milk cook, covered, on high, for 15 minutes. Stir in spinach and coriander and season to taste. Serve with chapattis and plain yoghurt.
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Chicken & Cucumber Risotto
Coronation Chicken with Mango & Lime