- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 750g minced beef
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 250ml beef stock
- tomato paste
- 820g canned tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 800g canned kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 6 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 6 flour tortillas, warmed
- Heat oil in a large frying pan cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add beef, cumin and chilli cook stirring until browned. Transfer to 4.5 litre slow cooker. Stir in stock, paste, undrained tomatoes and oregano. Cook, covered on low, 8 hours.
- Add beans cook, covered on high, about 30 minutes or until hot. Season to taste.
- Sprinkle chilli con carne with coriander, serve with tortillas and a dollop of soured cream.
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney
Joe Wicks’ Bad Boy Chilli Con Carne
Yorkshire Pudding Burger
Slow-Cooked Port & Venison Casserole with Oatmeal & Parsley Dumplings
Spicy Meatball Popovers with Lemon & Chive Yoghurt
Yorkshire Pudding Wrap