- 150g walnuts or pecans
- 150g unsalted butter
- 225g plain chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas mark 3
- Place the nuts into the brownie pan and cook in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Leave to cool and roughly chop.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt either in a microwave on a low setting, or over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until smooth and leave to cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs and both of the sugars, add the vanilla extract and the chocolate and butter mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Sift the flour and salt into the mixture and fold in using a spatula, then fold in the nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the Brownie Pan and spread level. Bake on the middle shelf of your oven for no more than 20-25 minutes until the top has formed a light crust but the underneath is still soft.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into approx. 15 squares and serve.