- 50g unsalted butter, plus a little extra for greasing
- 8 slices fruit loaf
- 3 tbsp Claire’s St Clements Marmalade
- 250ml whole milk
- 50ml double cream
- 3 eggs
- 50g golden caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Lightly butter an 18 x 23cm baking dish.
- Butter the slices of fruit loaf on one side, reserving a quarter of the butter, then spread 4 of the slices with 2 tbsp of the marmalade. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread to make 4 rounds of sandwiches.
- Spread the leftover butter on the top of each sandwich and cut each one into quarters. Arrange butter side up in the dish, overlapping each triangle and standing almost upright.
- In a jug, whisk the milk, cream, eggs and sugar together and pour over the bread.
- Top the bread that is standing proud with the remaining marmalade and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pudding has puffed up and the crusts are golden brown and crunchy.
Tip: This pudding is delicious eaten hot or cold with custard or pouring cream.
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds
The Perfect Cheesecake Recipe