- 60g butter, softened
- ½ tsp coconut essence (optional)
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 110g self-raising flour
- 120g soured cream
- 2 tbsp milk
- 160g icing sugar
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- pink food colouring
(coconut essence is available from specialist cake shops and websites)
- Place 18 paper cases in muffin or bun pans.
- Beat butter, essence, caster sugar and egg in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in the coconut, sifted flour, soured cream and milk. Divide mixture into paper cases.
- Bake at 160°C for about 20 minutes then stand in tin for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl before stirring in the coconut and egg white. Place half the mixture into a different bowl and tint with pink food colouring.
- Drop alternate teaspoons of white and pink icing onto cakes and roughly fork together.