- 300g asparagus spears
- 25g unsalted butter
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 100g smoked trout
- 2 Cotswold Legbar eggs
- Remove the woody ends of the asparagus spears. Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the asparagus and season lightly. Cover and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Wrap the trout pieces in clingfilm and flatten with a rolling pin until they are roughly the same thickness.
- Remove the clingfilm, cut into strips and wrap around the stems of the asparagus.
- Soft-boil the eggs and serve with the asparagus soldiers’.
Tip: We used Cotswold Legbar eggs but you could use any medium free range egg.
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Best Ever Roast Potatoes
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Anjula Devi’s Quick Spinach and Potatoes