For the crumble
- 85g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 50g demerara sugar
- 50g chopped toasted hazelnuts, retain 1 tbsp for decoration
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the apple pure
- 750g Bramley cooking apples, peeled, cored and diced into 2.5cm cubes
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
For the topping
- 150ml whipping cream, stiffly whisked
- To make the crumble, place the breadcrumbs and sugar in a non-stick frying pan and cook on a low heat for 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until the breadcrumbs become slightly darker brown. Add the hazelnuts and cinnamon, cook for a further minute then transfer to a bowl and leave to cool and crisp up.
- To make the apple pure, place all the ingredients in a large pan and stir to combine. Cover and cook on a medium to low heat for 10 minutes or until the apples are soft. Process the apple with the Masha for approximately 20 seconds until smooth then transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Place a layer of pure in the bottom of 4 bowls, top with the crumble then repeat both layers once. Pipe a swirl of cream on top of each pudding then decorate with a sprinkling of hazelnuts. Serve chilled.
Tip: To make breadcrumbs, tear the bread with crusts on, place into a food processor and process for a few seconds.
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds
The Perfect Cheesecake Recipe