For the base
- 150g Davina’s digestive biscuits
- 50g pecan nuts
- 50g butter
For the topping
- 1 portion of Davina’s dulce de leche at room temperature
- 4 small bananas
- 300ml double or whipping cream
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- For the base, blitz the biscuits and the pecans together in a food processor or blender. Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the biscuits and pecans and mix thoroughly. Tip the mixture into a 9’/23cm loose-bottom flan tin and press it down well, then put it in the fridge to chill and set – this will take at least half an hour
- To assemble, spread the base with dulce de leche, then put the pie back in the fridge to set for half an hour.
- When it’s set, take the pie out of the fridge and arrange the sliced banana’s on top. Whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks, then pile it on top of the bananas. Drizzle over some chocolate sauce if you feel extra greedy.