- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 120ml warm water
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Olive oil, to grease
- 8 slices of Parma ham
- 4 eggs
- 25g rocket
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper, to garnish
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the warm water and leave for about 5 minutes. Gradually stir in the flour and salt until the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth, springy and no longer sticky, adding small amounts of flour as required to prevent sticking. Place dough into an oiled bowl and turn to ensure it is coated all over. Cover the bowl with clingfilm, leave in a warm place and allow the dough to rise for about 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Place the risen dough onto a lightly floured board and press gently to expel air. Divide the dough into four pieces, wrap each in clingfilm and allow to rest for
- 10 minutes before rolling or gently stretching into ovals about 5mm thick. Place each on an oiled and flour-dusted baking sheet.
- Brush ovals generously with olive oil, place 2 slices of Parma ham on each, make a shallow well in the middle and break an egg onto each.
- Bake at 240°C/475°F for 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Garnish with rocket and Parmesan and season with black pepper.
Tip: Flatbread dough is springy! You will need to keep reshaping as you work.
Hot Dog Buns
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Slow-Cooked Breakfast Banana Bread
Slow-Cooked Cranberry & Rosemary Soda Bread
Pressure-Cooked Cheddar, Leek & Spring Onion Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding
Mozzarella & Sun-Dried Tomato Mini Loaves
Gluten-Free Cheese & Garlic Tear & Share Bread