- 20g butter, plus extra for muffins
- 500g spinach
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 English muffins
- A few chives
- Mary Berry Hollandaise Sauce (or try our recipe below)
Hollandaise Sauce (optional)
- 250g unsalted butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp cold water
- ½ a lemon
- Coat the inside of the poachpods with a little oil, crack in an egg, float in a pan of simmering water and pop on the pan lid. Cook the eggs until they are done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, melt the 20g of butter in a pan, add the spinach and cook, stirring until just wilted. Season with the nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Toast the muffins and lightly butter, arrange on 4 large plates, top with the spinach, poached eggs and Mary Berry Hollandaise Sauce, or try our optional recipe. Finish with a little black pepper and some chopped chives.
Method for optional Hollandaise recipe
- Melt the butter on a low heat. It will separate to make a layer of clear golden fat (clarified butter) on top. Use a ladle to remove the clarified butter, and keep it in a warm place. Discard the milky residue left in the pan.
- Put the egg yolks in a stainless-steel bowl with the vinegar, salt and 2 teaspoons of cold water and whisk together.
- Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water and continue whisking until the mixture is pale, thick and fluffy.
- Remove from the pan of simmering water and slowly whisk in the clarified butter. Squeeze in the lemon juice, season and serve as soon as possible.
Mini Cheese & Tomato Quiches
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Best Ever Roast Potatoes