- ½tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp (heaped) breadcrumbs, fine dried
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 25g (1oz) plain flour
- 150ml (5floz) milk
- 100g (4oz) cheese, grated
- 225g (8oz) mackerel, cooked, smoked, skinned and boned
- 2 eggs, separated
- ½tsp lemon juice
- ½tsp mustard powder
- salt and pepper
- Brush the Remoska base and sides with the melted butter and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on the base and sides. This helps the mixture to rise.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Stir while cooking for 1 minute and then gradually stir in the milk and the grated cheese. Cook until thick, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and add the fish, finely flaked, and mix well adding the egg yolks, salt and pepper, lemon juice and mustard powder. Alternatively place everything in a food processor and whisk to a creamy consistency.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold in the fish mixture.
- Spoon into the Remoska and cook for approx. 20 to 30 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve immediately
Anjula Devi’s Mussels with Green Mango and Coconut Milk
Marinated Thai Salmon with Steamed Chilli Veg
Steamed Citrus Fish with Asparagus and Parsley Potatoes
Avocado Prawn Hug
Davina’s Cod and Pesto Parcels
Smoked Fish & Cider Pie
Tom Yum Prawn Noodles
Crisp-skinned Halibut with Pancetta, Potatoes & Blood Orange Salad