For the tortilla wedges
- 6 corn tortillas
- Olive oil
For the salsa
- 250g red, green and yellow plum tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- ½ green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Brush both sides of the tortillas with oil, cut each into 6 wedges with kitchen scissors and place on the oven tray without overlapping. Bake for 6-7 minutes, until crisp but not too browned, remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt and leave to cool.
- While the tortillas are baking, mix all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and chill until needed, then serve alongside the cooled tortilla chips.
Tips: Black turtle beans make a delicious addition to the salsa: about 75g is ideal. Bought dried, they need to be soaked overnight then prepared in accordance with the pack instructions. Try a sprinkle of chilli powder or ground cumin on the tortilla wedges for a spicy twist.
Mini Cheese & Tomato Quiches
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Best Ever Roast Potatoes
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad