- 4 large free range eggs
- 275g caster sugar
- 500ml full fat milk
- 175ml vegetable oil
- 600g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 heaped tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½tsp salt
- 125g dried fruit
- Seeds from a vanilla pod
- Zest of 1 lime
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar, then add the milk and oil.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Sieve this into the egg mixture and mix together.
- Add the fruit, vanilla and lime zest and stir.
- Pipe into lined muffin trays and bake at 200°C for 9 minutes and then turn down to 150°C and continue cooking until firm to the touch.
- This mix is great as it will sit in the fridge for at least a week and you can make all kinds of flavours.