- 50g butter
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 350g frozen peas
- 700ml vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 50g fresh peas, lightly steamed or microwaved
- 4 tbsp creme
- A few sprigs mint
- Place a large, heavy-based pan on a medium heat, cook the butter and spring onions for 2-3 minutes until the butter melts and the onions soften.
- Add the peas and stock and bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly. Taste, season and add the mint.
- Blend thoroughly and serve, garnished with the creme , peas and mint leaves.