For the cake
- 260g caster sugar
- 260g self-raising flour, sifted
- 150g softened butter
- 1 and a half tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 tbsp. milk
- Green food colouring
- Yellow food colouring
- For the filling
- 100g butter, softened
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- Dash of gin and tonic (optional)
To decorate & serve
- Dash of gin and tonic, mixed to taste
- 350g of Lakeland Gin & Tonic Flavoured Frosting
- 1 pack of 12 Wilton® Shot Tops Martini Toppers
- Zest of 2 limes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Grease all five pans from the Wilton Easy Layer 15cm Cake Pan Set, line with baking parchment and set aside.
- To make the sponges, beat together the caster sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, flour, baking powder and milk and beat until smooth and well combined.
- Divide the mixture between two bowls in a two fifths, three fifths split. Add a few drops of green food colouring to the smaller portion, and a few drops of yellow food colouring to the larger portion.
- Divide the green mixture between two pans and the yellow mixture between three pans. Place all the cake pans into the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, then remove and leave to cool.
- To make the filling, beat together the butter and icing sugar. Starting with a yellow sponge on the base, build up your cake with alternating yellow and green sponges, adding a layer of buttercream between each.
- Using a spatula, cover the whole cake in Lakeland Gin & Tonic Flavoured Frosting. Decorate the top with Wilton® Martini Shot Tops filled with gin and tonic, then finish with a sprinkling of lime zest.
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Decadent Chocolate Tiffin
Pistachio, Orange & Cardamom Mini Loaves
Step-by-Step Mother’s Day Floral Shard Cake
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes