- 100 g melted butter
- 125 g dark brown sugar
- 150 g porridge oats
- 100 g self raising flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch mixed spice
- 1 lump sweet stem ginger grated
- 25 g black treacle
- Melt together the butter and sugar.
- Blend the porridge oats until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Mix the oats together with the rest of the dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients.
- Mix together well then pour into a greased/lined baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius, 325 degrees Fahrenheit, Gas Mark 3.
- Remove from the oven, dust with sugar and ground ginger then allow to cool.
- Break up into small pieces, place them in a freezer bag and crush to a fine crumbly texture with a rolling pin.
Slow-Cooked Chocolate Orange Sponge Pudding
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
Slow-Cooked Boozy Mincemeat Sponge Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds
The Perfect Cheesecake Recipe