- 250g nettles cooked weight
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 100g parmesan (or vegetarian parmesan)
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- Wearing a pair of plastic gloves wash the nettles really well and pick off the leaves.
- Heat a large pan and add a splash of olive oil, add the garlic to the pan to give a warm sense of garlic without the punch.
- Add the nettles and turn the heat down, stir the pan to avoid the nettles sticking. They should wilt and release a lot of water very similar to when you cook spinach.
- Place the cooked nettles into a sieve and leave to cool. When cool squeeze as much water out as you can, then chop the nettles and place in a bowl.
- Add the ricotta cheese, three of the eggs and the grated parmesan cheese and mix together to form a dough. If the dough is a little stiff, add the other egg, or if it is too wet add just a sprinkling of flour to help it all bind.
- Make little balls of the dough using a teaspoon.
- In a large pan heat the vegetable stock and when it comes up to the boil drop the gnocchi into the stock. When the gnocchi floats to the top its done – it really is that easy.
- Simply ladle the stock and gnocchi into bowls or cups and serve.
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Sweet Potato, Pepper, Spinach & Mozzarella Tart
Best Ever Roast Potatoes
Spelt Pizza with Sweet Potatoes & Goat’s Cheese