For the Green Juice (serves 1)
- 100g kale
- 250g broccoli, including stalk, cut into chunks
- 50g watercress
- 2 medium apples, cut into chunks
For the Vegetable Burgers
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chips
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 250g Green Juice pulp
- 400g can kidney beans, drained
- 50g grated parmesan
- Salt & pepper to taste
- White buns
- Lettuce leaves
- Onion slices
- Tomato slices
- Process all the ingredients for the Green Juice and serve the juice as soon as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Arrange the sweet potato chips on the baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the burgers heat 1tbsp oil in a large pan on a medium heat, soften the onion and garlic with the paprika until they are translucent.
- Add the Green Juice pulp and the kidney beans, cook for 5 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Add the parmesan, mix well and season to taste.
- Divide the mix into 4, shape and press firmly into burgers.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the burgers and cook until warmed through and brown both sides. Put the burgers in the buns with the lettuce, onion and tomato and serve with the fries and your favourite mayonnaise.